In danger now? DIAL 000


What is the accommodation arrangements like at the refuges?

All women will have their own bedroom. All other facilities, including communal areas such as kitchen, living room, and some bathrooms are shared among residents.

Our refuges are fully accessible and inclusive, with specific rooms equipped to accommodate women with disabilities. Please feel to discuss any specific requirements with our team.

If I am accommodated in your refuge, can I bring my pet?

We are able to assist in facilitating a referral to the Pets in Crisis program ran by the RSPCA.

This is a free service providing a temporary home for pets whose owners are experiencing immediate family and domestic violence.

Pets are placed in a loving foster home for up to three months while their owner seeks refuge or temporary accommodation of their own.

The Pets in Crisis program is offered throughout Perth and the metropolitan area, the South West, and in the Great Southern.

If leaving your pet is a barrier for you or the Pets in Crisis program is unsuitable please call to speak to one of the team to discuss further.

Can I have visitors while I am accommodated in Transitional Accommodation?

Unfortunately no visitors are permitted within the Transitional Accommodation properties.  This is due to confidentiality of both the location and for the safety of all of the women accessing accommodation.

How do I apply for any career opportunities at Zonta House?

View all our current open opportunities here

All positions are also advertised and applications taken via

Please also check our Facebook and Instagram pages as we also advertise when there are vacancies within the organisation.

How would I arrange a drop off of accepted donations?

Please call our Head Office on 1800 870 149 option 5 and speak to one of our friendly team.

We are only able to accept donations to our Willetton office Monday to Friday during office hours.

I have some clothing to donate, is this something you can accept?

As we are a women’s-only refuge and do not accommodate children in our refuges we are unable to accept preloved children’s items.

We do however accept specific items for the women we support.

New Socks and Underwear: new socks and underwear only due to safety and hygiene reasons. These items must be brand new with their original packaging or tag.

Bras in Good Condition: We appreciate donations of clean pre-worn bras, in all sized that are in good condition with no rips or missing underwire.

Women’s Clothing and Shoes: We have limited storage available so do request that donations of women’s clothing be limited to a maximum of 2 shopping bags. Please ensure that the clothing is relevant to the current season or weather conditions. 

Corporate/Work Attire: If you have donations of corporate or work attire, we highly recommend considering Dress for Success. They provide professional clothing and career development support to women, including those who access our services.

What is a safety plan?

Our Support Coordinators will work with you to create a safety plan to help you feel safer from family and domestic violence, whether you have left your relationship or you choose to stay.

Sometimes safety plans might include trusted family members, friends, or support services who you feel comfortable to contact for support. It also includes your perpetrator’s identifying details, ways in which you can keep yourself safe, and useful numbers such as 000 and Crisis Care.

Where is the refuge and other accommodation located?

Zonta House operate in the South East Metro area of WA.  All transitional properties are located South of the river.

Due to confidentiality we are unable to disclose the location of the properties.

I am in Australia on a Visa, can I stay in the accommodation?

We are able to accommodate all women in our services. If you are on any type of Australian Visa this is not an issue.  We are able to discuss this in more detail with you in person or over the phone.

You can contact our Women’s Advocates 24/7 on 1800 870 149 option 1 or option 2 when prompted.

How long can I stay at the refuge?

In general, women can stay in our supported refuge accommodation for up to 12 weeks, although the length of stay is determined on a case-by-case basis. 

We recognise that each woman’s situation is unique, and our priority is to provide tailored assistance to meet the individual needs of each woman.

I would like to volunteer, what opportunities do you have?

We have very limited opportunities for volunteer work. Due to the nature of our work and the need to prioritise safety and confidentiality, we are unable to offer volunteer positions.

However, during the Christmas season, we do have a need for volunteers to assist with sorting and arranging gifts. If you are interested in contributing during that period please email [email protected]

While we may not have volunteer opportunities available within Zonta House, we encourage you to explore other avenues where you can make a difference. One organisation we recommend is Worthy Australia who heavily on volunteers all year round.

Additionally, you may find it beneficial to reach out to some of our other partner organisations who regularly provide valuable support to us, including:

What other items do you accept as a donation?

There are a number of items we are able to accept for the women in our services.

Everyday Toiletries (full sized)

All items must be new and unused.  Items in need are shampoo and conditioner, shower gel (no bar soap), deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste, facial moisturiser and hair brushes. We specifically ask for full-sized toiletries as our accommodation services provide long-term support to women.

Hotel “mini” toiletries: While we do not accept hotel toiletries for our accommodation services, we highly recommend donating them to drop-in centres in the Perth CBD area. These centres have shower facilities and can distribute the hotel toiletries to individuals in need.

Non-perishable Food Items: are able to accept all non-perishable food items that are within date. You could even arrange a Woolworths or Coles online order to be delivered straight to our Head Office!

Household cleaning products: Zonta House has a number of properties and cleaning products are always in need.  We are also able to provide these to women when they move into their own safe and stable accommodation.  Items accepted are, spray and wipe, toilet and floor cleaner, washing powder, cleaning cloths, paper towel and bathroom cleaner.

I am a student looking for a placement, can Zonta House offer this?

We have limited capacity to accommodate student placements due to the size of our organisation and nature of our work.

Currently, we only accept expressions of interest from students who are currently completing a relevant degree or higher in fields such as Community Services, Mental Health, Social Sciences, Psychology, or Social Work. These degrees align closely with the work we do and provide a strong foundation for meaningful contributions to our organisation.

Due to the high volume of requests we receive we can only reach out to successful applicants who meet our specific requirements and align with our current capacity for student placements.

We encourage you to consider alternative placement options and explore other organisations within the community service sector that may be able to offer you valuable learning opportunities.

The Centre for Women’s Safety and Wellbeing directory which provides a comprehensive list of organisations and resources related to women’s safety, mental health, and community services.

Another useful directory is the City of Perth’s Homelessness Services in the Inner City Directory. These directories can help you identify other suitable options for placements.

If you are in immediate danger, or someone you know is in immediate danger please do not hesitate and call Police on 000.

If you are at risk, please ensure you follow the eSafety Commission recommendations for staying safe online.

Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) can happen in relationships with a partner, defacto, family member, carer, boyfriend or girlfriend.

This behaviour can be threatening, abusive, violent, coercive, stalking, controlling, making someone feel scared and/or forcing them to do things they don’t want to do.

It can occur in current or past imitate relationships, family settings, or extended family groups.

For more information on what is considered Family and Domestic Violence, or how to identify it please visit Safe and Equal or 1800RESPECT. WA’s after-hours response helpline is available 24/7 if you are in crisis and need urgent help for refuge assessment or emergency accommodation options Crisis Care Free Call 1800 199 008