In danger now? DIAL 000

Safer Pathways

Through this program we offer FDV specialist support to women and children who are Department of Communities – Housing Authority tenants in the Cannington, Victoria Park, Mirrabooka and Midland districts assisting women who are experiencing or have experienced family and domestic violence and have current safety concerns.

The program provides supports and interventions to keep women and children safe in their homes during challenging situations, when safe to do so. This is achieved through comprehensive risk assessment, safety and support planning,  focusing on individual needs.

Our goal is to empower women and children to live free from violence and abuse by providing them with the support and resources they need to navigate challenging situations and build safer futures for themselves and their families.

I felt heard and validated and most of all understood, I felt the care was genuine

Anonymous Client, Safer Pathways

We can assist with

  • Safety planning and assessment of risk
  • Building support networks through referrals to support agencies for needs such as legal, counselling, financial counselling and parenting support
  • Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO) applications and support during the court application process
  • Support to liaise and communicate with WA Police on legal matters for example breach of restraining orders, assault and harm.
  • Property safety and security assessments

We are able to participate in meetings and offer advice during tenant appointments relating to FDV.

For more information on Safer Pathways please contact Safer Pathways Case Manager

on mobile 0450 134 306 or 0404 110 309 alternatively via email [email protected]

Frequently Asked Questions

Can you arrange security or CCTV for my house?

On assessment of your need and risk level, we may be able to make recommendations or advocate to external services who may be able assist with supply of basic home security measures.

Can you help me with a FVRO application?

Yes. We are able to provide support to submit the application and accompany you to court to lodge the application and attend the hearing.

How do I refer to the Safer Pathways Program?

All referrals are received via a Housing Services Officer (HSO) within the Department of Communities – Housing office in the Cannington, Mirrabooka, Midland and Victoria Park districts.

How long can I be in the program?

The Safer Pathways program is for a 12-week support period.

What support can the Safer Pathways Program offer me?

Our specialist support coordination can assist you with;

  • Family and Domestic Violence Information
  • Assessment of risk
  • Planning your safety including assessment of your property
  • Court support, including obtaining VRO’s (Violence Restraining Orders)
  • Referrals to additional support services
  • Advocacy and liaison with services, including but not limited to Housing Authority and Police.

If you are in immediate danger, or someone you know is in immediate danger please do not hesitate and call Police on 000.

If you are at risk, please ensure you follow the eSafety Commission recommendations for staying safe online.

Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) can happen in relationships with a partner, defacto, family member, carer, boyfriend or girlfriend.

This behaviour can be threatening, abusive, violent, coercive, stalking, controlling, making someone feel scared and/or forcing them to do things they don’t want to do.

It can occur in current or past imitate relationships, family settings, or extended family groups.

For more information on what is considered Family and Domestic Violence, or how to identify it please visit Safe and Equal or 1800RESPECT. WA’s after-hours response helpline is available 24/7 if you are in crisis and need urgent help for refuge assessment or emergency accommodation options Crisis Care Free Call 1800 199 008