Future Employment Connections
Future Employment Connections (FEC) program is a unique program developed by Zonta House based on identified need, community gaps and research. Providing this focused and specialist support enhances the likelihood of success towards economic independence and community integration in a safe environment for women who have experienced FDV. This is through tailored and comprehensive support to set and achieve their personal goals, increase self-esteem and quality of life, provide practical assistance and provide possible pathways to work experience, volunteering and study in their desired occupation.
The program has established partnerships with service providers with specialist work experience and volunteering pathways in the best interest of the safety and wellbeing of participants. Zonta House has engaged with existing women’s social enterprises for opportunities for participants, dependant on their individual training or employment goals through individual session and groups. Support is provided through one-on-one appointments and groups.
The support can include but is not limited to:
- Support through one-on-one appointments and groups.
- Police Clearances and Working with Children Checks.
- First Aid certificates.
- Resume, cover letter, selection criteria and job interview support.
- Coaching and job clubs.
- Vouchers and in-kind support for interviews and job clothes and shoes.
- Laptops for study.
- Documents translated into English and support to have international qualifications recognised in Australia.
- Volunteering and opportunities with partner organisations.
Funding is currently provided by Scanlon Foundation, Threads of Change, the Wheeler Charitable Foundation and Impact 100. This program has been operating since 2018.